Manatt Phelps & Phillips LLP
Manatt is a multidisciplinary, integrated national professional services firm known for quality and an extraordinary commitment to clients. We are keenly focused on specific industry sectors, providing legal and consulting capabilities at the very highest levels to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
Our groundbreaking approach—bringing together legal services, advocacy and business strategy—differentiates us from our competitors and positions us to provide a unique and compelling value proposition. We strive to be essential to our clients.
From our roots in banking, entertainment and government, we work with clients from industries as diverse as health care, financial services, media, technology, retail and consumer products, real estate, and energy. Our practice mix and deep understanding of the industries that drive the U.S. and global economies benefit clients as we resolve complex and potentially enterprise-threatening disputes, help finance their operations and expand their businesses, and navigate the maze of law and regulation governing virtually all commercial activity.
June Langston DeHart is a D.C. problem solver who develops creative solutions to her clients’ federal legislative and regulatory matters. She handles transportation, water and other public infrastructure policy and funding; energy; tax; appropriations; international trade; and gaming matters.
Much of June’s practice is dealing with matters at the intersection of law, business and government. She develops and implements legislative strategies, analyzes and monitors legislative and agency activity, creates strategy options, and organizes lobbying campaigns and coalitions.
June represents clients in policymaking proceedings before the U.S. Congress, the White House, federal agencies and international organizations. She often advises CEOs and boards of directors on federal policies. Her clients include U.S. and international businesses, state and local governments, other public entities, foreign governments, trade associations and nonprofits.
Previously June was managing partner of Manatt’s D.C. office and co-chair of the federal government practice group. She also served on the firm’s Management Committee, Intake Committee, Women’s Initiative Committee and Associate Review Committee.
Before joining Manatt, June was chief counsel for the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Energy, Nuclear Proliferation and Government Processes. She was legislative assistant and legal counsel to Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS), and has extensive experience in state government.
- The Alameda Corridor Transportation Authority on transportation, environmental, and other policy and financing issues.
- Western Independent Refiners and small refiners on business, tax, energy and climate issues.
- The Embassy of the Dominican Republic on foreign policy and international trade issues.
- A consortium of academic medical institutions in project development and funding.
- Various municipalities and public entities on transportation and water infrastructure and funding, as well as other urban issues.
- The City of Reno’s ReTRAC project on transportation, funding, reversionary interest and other policy issues.
- Top-tier gaming companies on tribal gaming and business issues.